For the treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis.
– It is recommended to initiate therapy with a loading dose of one Arthfree 100 mg
tablets once per day for 3 days followed by a maintenance daily dose of one tablet of
Arthfree 20 mg tablets once daily.
– If dosing at 20 mg/day is not well tolerated clinically, the dose may be decreased to
10 mg daily.
– Hypersensitivity to leflunomide.
– Pregnancy and lactation.
– Not recommended for patients less than 18 years.
– Therapy with leflunomide might be associated in some cases with mild elevation in
liver enzymes (twofold) and this elevation returns to normal with continuation of
therapy. However if the elevation is too high or if levels of liver enzymes are not
normalized along therapy, especially in case of concomitant administration of other
drugs that affect the liver, dosage adjustment or discontinuation of therapy is
advisable. In most of the cases, it is preferable to have a baseline measure for the
liver enzymes levels.
– Caution should be taken when leflunomide is administered to patients with renal
insufficiency. The use of leflunomide in patients with hepatic insufficiency is not
* Store in a dry place, at a temperature not exceeding 30 degrees C.
* Manufactured by: EVA PHARMA for Pharmaceuticals & Medical Appliances S.A.E – Egypt.
LEFLUNOMIDE 20 MG