* BRUFEN RETARD (Ibuprofen) 800 mg Sustained-Release Film-Coated Tablets.
– Treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis
* Composition: Each film-coated tablet contains:
Ibuprofen B.P. in a sustained-release formulation.
* Indications: Brufen Retard is indicated for its analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect in the treatment of: rheumatoid arthritis,
osteoarthritis and allied conditions, non-articular rheumatism and soft tissue injuries. Brufen Retard is also indicated for
its analgesic effect in the relief of mild to moderate pain such as dysmenorrhoea, dental and post-operative pain.
Also in the relief of migraine headache. Its antipyretic activity is effective in reducing fever.
* Dosage & administration:
– Adults: the recommended daily dosage is 2 tablets (one shot) as a single dose, preferably in the early evening, well before retiring to bed.
The tablets should be swallowed whole with plenty of fluid. In severe or acute conditions, the total daily dosage may be
increased to 3 tablets taken in 2 divided doses.
– Children: Brufen Retard is not recommended for children under 12 years.
– Elderly: No special dosage modifications are required for elderly patients, unless renal or hepatic function is impaired,
in which case the dosage should be assessed individually.
* Review special warning inside the insert leaflet.
* Store in a cool, dry place at a temperature below 30 degrees C, protected from light.
* Produced by: Kahira Pharmaceuticals & Chemical Industries Company.
Under Licence of: Abbott Laboratories – USA & its subsidiary in England.