* Cancidas (Caspofungin acetate) 70 mg Vial For Injection. Powder for concentrate for solution for infusion.
For Intravenous Use Only After Dilution.
* 70 mg of caspofungin acetate for infusion when reconstituted with 10.5 mL and diluted according to package insert.
* Inactive ingredients:
Sucrose, mannitol, glacial acetic acid, sodium hydroxide.
There are no preservatives or bacteriostatic agents in this product.
CANCIDAS® is indicated in adults and pediatric patients (3 months and older) for:
– Empirical therapy for presumed fungal infections (such as Candida or Aspergillus) in febrile, neutropenic patients
– Treatment of invasive candidiasis (candidemia and the following Candida infections: intra-abdominal abscesses, peritonitis and pleural space infections. CANCIDAS has not been studied in endocarditis, osteomyelitis, and meningitis due to Candida).
– Treatment of esophageal candidiasis
– Treatment of invasive aspergillosis in patients who are refractory to or intolerant of other therapies (e.g., amphotericin B, lipid formulations of amphotericin B and/or itraconazole). CANCIDAS has not been studied as initial therapy for invasive aspergillosis. Refractoriness is defined as progression of infection or failure to improve after a minimum of 7 days of prior therapeutic doses of effective antifungal therapy.
* Pharmacotherapeutic group:
antimycotics for systemic use, ATC Code: J02AX04
* Mechanism of Action
CANCIDAS is a sterile, lyophilized product for intravenous (IV) infusion that contains a semisynthetic lipopeptide (echinocandin) compound synthesized from a fermentation product of Glarea lozoyensis. CANCIDAS is an echinocandin that inhibits the synthesis of Beta (1,3)-D-glucan, an integral component of the fungal cell wall of many filamentous fungi and yeast. Beta (1,3)-D-glucan is not present in mammalian cells.
* Directions For Reconstitution:
Equilibrate to room temperature.
Reconstitute vial with 10.5 mL of 0.9% Sodium Chloride injection only.
The reconstituted vial should be kept between 25 degrees C (77 degrees C) for no more than one hour before preparing the patient infusion solution.
Do not use diluents containing dextrose (alpha-D-glucose).
See package insert for preparation of final patient infusion solution.
* Store refrigerated: 2 degrees C to 8 degrees C (36 degrees C to 46 degrees C).
* MSD (Merck Sharp & Dohme)
Imported by: Soficopharm.
CASPOFUNGIN ACETATE 50 MG - (FOR I.V. INFUSION AFTER DILUTION) - indicated for treatment of invasive candidiasis, invasive aspergillosis & empirical therapy for presumed fungal infections in febrile, neutropaenic adult or paediatric patients