* Clovacort (Clobetasol propionate) Ointment 20 grams. Topical Corticosteroid.
* Composition: Each one gram Ointment contains:
Clobetasol Propionate 0.5 mg.
* Indications: Clovacort is a super-high potency corticosteroid indicated for the relief of the inflammatory & pruritic manifestations of corticosteroid-responsive dermatoses.
* Usage: Apply a thin film of Clovacort to the affected skin area twice daily and rub in gently and completely.
– Clobetasol should not be used for the treatment of rosacea or perioral dermatitis and should not be used on the face, groin or axillae.
– Systemic absorption of topical corticosteroids can produce reversible hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis suppression with the potential for glucocorticoid insufficiency after withdrawal from treatment. Manifestations of Cushing’s syndrome, hyperglycemia and glucosuria can also be produced in some patients by systemic absorption of topical corticosteroids while on therapy.
– Treatment beyond 2 consecutive weeks and only some areas should be treated at any one time due to the increased risk of HPA suppression.
– Clobetasol produced HPA axis suppression when used at doses as low as 2 g / day for 1 week in patients with eczema.
– If irritation develops, Clobetasol should be discontinued and appropriate therapy instituted.
– Use in children under 12 years of age is not recommended.
* For external use only.
* Store below 25 degrees C.
* Produced by: Amriya Pharm. Ind. For: EUROPEAN EGYPTIAN PHARM. IND. – Alexandria – Egypt.