* Curam 457 mg/5 ml (Amoxycillin 400 mg / Potassium Clavulanate 57 mg/5 ml) 11.8 g powder to prepare 70 ml oral suspension. [comb. of broad spectrum antibiotic (amoxycillin) & Beta-lactamase inhibitor (clavulanic acid)].
* Composition: 5 mL (1 measuring-spoon) of reconstituted suspension:
Amoxycillin (as amoxycillin trihydrate) 400 mg + Clavulanic acid (as potassium salt) 57 mg. (also: Aspartam 8.5 mg).
* Curam 457 mg / 5 mL is used for therapy of any of the following infections:
– Infections of the upper respiratory tract (including ear-nose-throat), in particular sinusitis, otitis media, recurrent tonsillitis.
– Infections of the lower respiratory tract, in particular acute exacerbations of chronic bronchitis and bronchopneumonia.
– Genital and urinary tract infections.
– Infections of the skin and soft tissues.
* How to take Curam 457 mg / 5 mL:
– The single doses should be taken at regular intervals throughout the day ideally at 12 hour intervals.
– The usual recommended daily dosage for children aged 2 months to 12 years is:
25/3.6 mg / kg / day in mild to moderate infections (e.g. skin and soft tissue infections).
45/6.4 mg / kg / day in more severe infections (e.g. otitis media, sinusitis & lower respiratory tract infections).
– There is no clinical information on patients under 2 months of age. Therefore, dose recommendations cannot be given to this patient group.
– Shake the bottle before each using.
– Curam 457 mg / 5 mL should be taken at the start of meals to reduce any possible gastrointestinal discomfort.
* Duration of therapy:
– Curam 457 mg / 5 mL should be administered for a further 3-4 days after improvement / regression of the symptoms and should be continued, however, for at least the generally recommended minimum period of treatment.
– Treatment should not be extended beyond 14 days without review.
– As a precaution, over at least 10 days is indicated in the treatment of infections with beta-haemolytic streptococci in order to guard against late complications (e.g. rheumatic fever, glomerulonephritis).
* Shake the bottle well before each using.
* Do not store above 30 degrees C. Keep in the original container and keep the container tightly closed.
* Store the Reconstituted suspensions in a refrigerator (at a temperature 2-8 degrees C) and use within 7 days.
* Prescription Only. Application according to medical instructions.
* Manufactured by: Sandoz GmbH – Austria. Packed by: NOVARTIS PHARMA S.A.E. – Cairo.