* Depovit B12 – 1000 (Vitamin B12 Long Acting) 5 ampoules of 1 ml. For Intramuscular injection. (Benzyl Alcohol Free).
Each amp. of one ml contains:
Vitamin B12 long acting 1000 mcg (Hydroxocobalamin acetate 1.2 mg … Equivalent to Hydroxocobalamin 1000 mcg/ml).
– Pernicious anaemia, both uncomplicated and accompanied by nervous system involvement.
– Macrocytic anaemia or neuropathies caused by inadequate supply or absorption of vitamin B12 such as:
. after resection of the stomach for gastric and duodenal ulcers, after ileocaecal resection and proctectomy with ileostomy.
. inadequate nutrition, whether caused by under-nourishment or inappropriate diet, applying especially to elderly people and vegetarians whose diet is wholly without animal protein.
. in tropical sprue, vitamin B12 deficiency and subsequent megaloblastic anaemia are common; even in patients treated for years with conventional doses of folic acid, the serum levels of vitamin B12 are found to be low. It has been reported that vitamin B12 is as therapeutically effective as folic acid in the treatment and management of patients with tropical sprue.
. in some cases, pregnancy may cause a drop in vitamin B12 serum concentration.
– Total gastrectomy.
– Neurogenesis and neurosurgeons use aqueous solutions of vitamin B12 to a great extent in neurological disorders of various etiologies, especially in painful conditions such as neuritis, trigeminal neuralgia, and in herpes zoster.
– Vitamin B12 has also proved efficacious in male and female infertility caused by hypovitaminosis B12.
* Dosage and administration:
Depovit B12 ampoules should be given intramuscularly.
– Usual dose initially: 1 ampoule 1-2 times weekly.
Maintenance treatemnt: 1 ampoule 1-2 times monthly.
Severe cases: 1 ampoule 2-3 times weekly.
– For anaemia: 1 ampoule every 4-6 weeks.
– For Hypovitaminosis: 1 ampoule every week for 10 weeks.
* This product contains benzyl alcohol. Not for use in neonates and infants.
* Store at temperature not exceeding 30 degrees C.
* Produced by: AMRIYA PHARM. IND., Alexandria – Egypt.
تصنيع فاركو لصالح العامرية