* Dermovate (Clobetasol Propionate 0.05%) cream 25 g.
* Composition: Each 100 gm contains:
Clobetasol 17 propionate 0.054 gm equivalent to Clobetasol propionate 0.05 gm.
* Therapeutic indications:
– Psoriasis (excluding widespread plaque psoriasis).
– Recalcitrant eczemas.
– Lichen planus.
– Discoid lupus erythematosus and other skin conditions which do not respond satisfacorily to less active steroids.
* Dosage and administration:
Apply sparingly to the affected area once or twice daily. Therapy should be discontinued when control is achieved. Treatment should not be continued for more than 4 weeks without patient’s condition being reviewed. Repeated short courses of Dermovate may be used to control exacerbations. If continuous steroid treatment is necessary, a less potent preparation should be used. In very resistant lesions, especially where there is hyperkeratosis, the anti-inflammatory effect of Dermovate can be enhanced, if necessary, by occluding the treatment area with polythene film. Overnight occlusion only is usually adequate to bring about a satisfactory response. Thereafter improvement can be usually be maintained by application without occlusion.
– Acne vulgaris.
– Perioral dermatitis.
– Perianal and genital pruritus.
– Primary cutaneous viral infections (e.g., herpes simplex, chickenpox).
– Hypersensitivity to the preparation.
– The use of Dermovate skin preparations is not indicated in the treatment of primary infected skin lesions caused by infection with fungi or bacteria; dermatoses in children ubder one year of age, including dermatitis and napkin eruptions.
* For external use only.
* Store at room temperature.
* Manufactured by: SmithKline Beecham (SB), Haram – Giza. For: GlaxoSmithKline (gsk) S.A.E. – Egypt.
Under License from: Glaxo Wellcome – UK.
DERMOVATE is a trade mark of the GlaxoSmithKline group of companies.