– Major depressive Disorder (MDD).
– Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD).
– Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD).
– Social Anxiety Disorder (social phobia).
– Panic Disorder with or without Agoraphobia.
– Do not take Estikan:
. If you are allergic (hypertensive) to escitalopram or any of the other ingredients of Estikan.
. At the same time as taking medication known as non-selective monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs), such as phenelzine,
iproniazid, isocarboxazide, nialamide, and tranylcypromine which are also used for the treatment of depression.
. If you have taken any of these medicines you will need to wait 14 days before you start taking your Estikan tablets.
. After stopping Estikan, you must allow 7 days before taking any of these medicines.
. At the same time as taking pimozide.
* Take Special care with Estikan:
– Selective MAO-A inhibitors.
– Medical problems: Severe liver disease or diabetes.
– Epilepsy or a history of seizures or fits.
– Subcutaneous bleeding.
* Dose: In case of depression:
– Adults: The usual dose is 10 mg per day. The dose may be increased by your doctor.
The recommended maximum dose is 20 mg per day.
– Children and adolescents (< 18 years): Estikan should not be given to children or adolescents.
– Taking Estikan with food and drink: Estikan can be taken with or without food.
– Overdose: The safety of daily doses of Estikan in excess of 20 mg has not yet been thoroughly investigated.
Therefore, your doctor will only prescribe higher doses after careful consideration of the necessity.
– Duration of treatment: As with other medicines for the treatment of depression and panic disorder, it may take a few weeks
before you feel any improvement. The duration of treatment may vary for each individual.
– If you forget to take Estikan: Take the next dose at the usual time. Do not take a double dose.
– If you stop taking Estikan: Abrupt cessation of this kind of medication may cause mild and transient dicontinuation symptoms
such as dizziness, nausea and headache.
* Pregnancy and breast-feeding: Do not take Estikan if you are pregnant or breast-feeding unless your doctor have discussed
the risks and benefits involved.
* Driving and using machines: Estikan does not cause drowsiness; however, as with any new medicine you should take care
while driving or using machinery until you know how it affects you.
ESCITALOPRAM (AS OXALATE) 20 MG