* Hyalgan (Hyaluronic acid sodium salt) 1 pre-filled syringe for intra-articular use. (replacement of synovial fluid in human joint).
each 2 ml pre-filled syringe contains:
Active ingredient: Hyaluronic acid sodium salt (Hyalectin) 20 mg.
Excipients: Sodium chloride, Mononbasic sodium phosphate dihydrate, Dibasic sodium phosphate dodecahydrate, Water for injections q.s. to 2 ml.
* Therapeutic Category & Actions:
The intra-articular administration into arthritic joints improves joint function, due to normalization of synovial fluid viscoelasticity and activation of tissue repair processes in articular cartilage.
– Traumatic and degenerative joint disease.
– Adjuvant in orthopaedic surgery.
* Warnings and precautions:
It is necessary to follow a correct technique of intra-articular injection in accurately aseptic conditions.
* Dosage & Administration:
2 mL of HYALGAN (20mg) administered intra-articularly once a week for 5 weeks or as directed by the physician.
* The expiry date refers to the product stored correctly in its original package at a temperature not exceeding 25 degrees C.
for full prescribing information, read the package insert carefully.
* To be sold on prescription.
* Marketing Authorisation Holder & Manufacturer: Fidia Farmaceutici S.p.A. – Abano Terme (PD) – Italy.