* Powder for concentrate for solution for infusion. Intravenous use after reconstitution and dilution. [Carbapenem antibiotic (broad + Beta-lactam inhibitor). For treatment of patients with moderate to severe infections].
* Therapeutic indications:
INVANZ is indicated in paediatric patients (3 months to 17 years of age) and in adults for the treatment of the following infections when caused by bacteria known or very likely to be susceptible to ertapenem and when parenteral therapy is required:
– Intra-abdominal infections
– Community acquired pneumonia
– Acute gynaecological infections
– Diabetic foot infections of the skin and soft tissue (see section 4.4)
INVANZ is indicated in adults for the prophylaxis of surgical site infection following elective colorectal surgery.
Consideration should be given to official guidance on the appropriate use of antibacterial agents.
* Pharmacotherapeutic group:
Antibacterials for systemic use, carbapenems, ATC code: J01DH03
* Mechanism of action:
Ertapenem inhibits bacterial cell wall synthesis following attachment to penicillin binding proteins (PBPs). In Escherichia coli, affinity is strongest to PBPs 2 and 3.
* For single use only.
* Each vial contains:
1.0 g ertapenem equivalent to 1.046 g ertapenem sodium.
* Do not store above 25 degrees C.
* Manufactured by: Laboratories Merck Sharp & Dohme (MSD) – France.
Merck Sharp & Dohme Limited – United Kingdom.
Registered trademark of Merck & Co., Inc., Whitehouse Station, N.J., U.S.A.
ERTAPENEM (AS SODIUM) 1 GM - (FOR I.V. INFUSION AFTER RECONSTITUTION & DILUTION)