– Cyclobenzaprine HCl is indicated as an adjunct to rest and physical therapy for relief
of muscle spasm associated with acute, painful musculoskeletal conditions.
– Improvement is mainfested by relief of muscle spasm and its associated signs and
symptoms, namely, pain, tenderness, limitation of motion, and restriction in activities
of daily living.
– Cyclobenzaprine HCl should be used only for short periods (upt to 2 or 3 weeks)
because adequate evidence of effectiveness for more prolonged use is not available
and because muscle spasm associated with acute, painful musculoskeletal conditions
is generally of short duration and specific therapy for longer periods is seldom warranted.
– Cyclobenzaprine HCl has not been found effective in the treatment of spasticity associated
with cerebral or spinal cord disease, or in children with cerebral palsy.
* Dosage & Administration:
The usual dosage of cyclobenzaprine HCl is 5-10 mg 3 times a day; with a range of
20 to 40 mg a day in divided doses. Dosage should not exceed 60 mg a day.
Use of cyclobenzaprine HCl for periods longer than 2 or 3 weeks is not recommended.
– General: Because of its atropine-like action, cyclobenzaprine HCl should be used with
caution in patients with a history of urinary retention, angle-closure glaucoma, increased
intraocular pressure, and in patients taking anticholinergic medication.
– Information for the patient: Cyclobenzaprine HCl may impair mental and/or physical
abilities required for performance of hazardous, tasks, such as operating machinery
or driving a motor vehicle.
– Hypersensitivity to the drug.
– Concomitant use of monoamine oxidase inhibitors or within 14 days after discontinuation.
– Acute recovery phase of myocardial infarction, and in patients with arrhythmias, heart
block or conduction disturbances, or congestive heart failure.
* Store at temperature not exceeding 30 degrees C.
* Manufactured by: Multi-Apex Pharma (Multi-Apex For Pharmaceutical Industries) S.A.E – Egypt.