* Similac NeoSure Special Infant Formula. For premature/low-birth-weight babies from birth to 12 months. Powder-add water. Contains AA (Arachidonic acid), DHA (Docosahexaenoic acid). With EYE Q.
* IMPORTANT NOTICE:
– Breast milk is best for infants and is recommended for as long as possible during infancy.
– If breast feeding is not adopted, Similac NeoSure, is specially designed to meet the nutritional needs of premature and low-birth weight babies upon discharge from hospital, and may be specified by your doctor. Infants over six months of age should receive supplemental food in addition to Similac NeoSure.
– Similac NeoSure contains the IQ system, a unique combination of AA & DHA (long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids), Taurine, Choline and other nutrients, such as nucleotides, which are naturally present in breast milk. (clinically proven to help strengthen a baby’s developing immune system).
* DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
– Use as directed by your doctor.
– Caution: Your baby’s health depends on carefully following these easy directions.
– Proper hygiene, handling and storage are important when preparing infant formula.
– Although Similac NeoSure powder is formulated for premature infants, powder infant formulas are not sterile and should not be fed to premature infants or infants who might have immune problems unless directed and supervised by the doctor.
– If you prepare more than one feeding, it must be refrigerated at 2-4 degrees C and used within 24 hours.
Once feeding begins, use within one hour or discard.
– The contents of this tin will make approximately 2.5 liters of formula when mixed as directed.
– NOTE: Prepared formula may also be fed from a cup, or mixed with cereal or other solid foods.
* USUAL FEEDING SCHEDULE:
IMPORTANT: Heat water to a rolling boil for five minutes then allow it to cool before using to mix formula.
Follow all mixing directions carefully. Use only the enclosed scoop.
– Approx. Age of baby (1 month): To prepare one feeding (120 ml water + 2 scoops) = 6 feeds per day.
– Approx. Age of baby (2 months): To prepare one feeding (180 ml water + 3 scoops) = 6 feeds per day.
– Approx. Age of baby (4 months): To prepare one feeding (240 ml water + 4 scoops) = 5 feeds per day.
– Approx. Age of baby (6 months): To prepare one feeding (240 ml water + 4 scoops) = 5 feeds per day.
* NOTE: Failure to follow these instructions could result in severe harm.
* WARNING: Never use a microwave oven to prepare or warm formula. Serious burns can result.
– Store unopened tin under normal room temperature conditions (not to exceed 25 degrees C).
– Once this tin is opened, contents should be used within three weeks.
– Cover opened tin and store in cool, dry place (not in refrigerator).
* PREPARATION INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Thoroughly wash feeding bottle, nipple, cap and all utensils and boil them for five minutes.
2. Boil water to a rolling boil for five minutes and allow it to cool.
3. Pour the exact amount of lukewarm water into the sterilized feeding bottle.
4. Add one level scoop of powder for each 60 ml of water in bottle.
5. Cap bottle and shake gently until powder is completely dissolved.
6. Feed your baby. Throw away any unused formula within one hour.
* INGREDIENTS: Non-Fat Milk, Maltodextrin, Vegetable Oils (Soy Oil, High Oleic Sunflower Oil, Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT) Oil, Coconut Oil), Lactose, Whey Protein Concentrate, Minerals, Vitamins, Arachidonic Acid (AA) from M. alpina Oil, Docosahexanoic Acid (DHA) from C. cohnii oil, Nucleotides (Cytidine 5′-monophosphate, Disodium Uridine 5′-monophosphate, Disodium Guanosine 5′-monophosphate and Adenosine 5′-monophosphate), Taurine, L-Carnitine and Inositol.
* Approximate Analysis: Powder wt/100g:
– Energy 513 kcal, Protein 13.3g, Fat 28.2g [Linoleic acid 3847mg+Linolenic acid 513mg], Carbohydrate 52.8g, Moisture/water 2.3g, Taurine 34.4mg, L-Carnitine 27.6mg, Inositol 30.8mg.
– Vitamins: Vitamin A 2360 IU, Vitamin D 359 IU, Vitamin E 18.5 IU, Vitamin K1 56mcg, Vitamin C 77mg, Folic acid 128mcg, Vitamin B1 1129mcg, Vitamin B2 770mcg, Vitamin B6 513mcg, Vitamin B12 2.06mcg, Niacin 10.01mg, Pantothenic acid 4.1mg, Biotin 46mcg, Choline 82mg.
– Minerals (Ash) 3.4g: Sodium 169mg, Potassium 728mg, Chloride 384mg, Calcium 539mg, Phosphorus 318mg, Magnesium 46mg, Iron 9.2mg, Zinc 6.1mg, Manganese 51mcg, Copper 616mcg, Iodine 77mcg, Selenium 10.7mcg.
– Nucleotide 49.7mg.
* Standard Dilution is 145 grams of powder diluted to one liter and supplies approximately 22 KCaL per 30ml.
* Manufactured in Spain by: ABBOTT LABORATORIES S.A., Granada. Division of ABBOTT LABORATORIES, U.S.A.
Special Infant Formula. For premature/low-birth-weight babies from birth to 12 months. Contains AA (Arachidonic acid), DHA (Docosahexaenoic acid). With EYE Q.