100 g of Voltaren Emulgel contains:
1.16 g of diclofenac diethylamine corresponding to 1 g diclofenac sodium, aromatics, excipients in a fatty emulsion base
* Therapeutic indications:
– Post-traumatic inflammation of tendons, e.g. due to sprains, strains, and bruises.
– Localized forms of soft-tissue rheumatism, e.g. tendovaginitis, bursitis, shoulder-hand syndrome, and periathropathy.
– Localized forms of degenerative rheumatism, e.g. osteoarthritis of the peripheral joints and of the vertebral column.
* Psology and Method of Administration:
– Adults: Voltaren Emulgel is applied locally to the skin 3 or 4 times daily and rubbed in gently. The amount needed depends on the size of the painful site. For example, 2-4 g Voltaren Emulgel (a quantity ranging in size from a cherry to a walnut) is sufficient to treat an area of about 400-800 cm2. After application, the hands should be washed, unless they are the site being treated. The duration of treatment depends on the indication and the response obtained. It is recommended that treatment be reviewed after 2 weeks.
– Children: Dosage recommendations and indications for the use of Voltaren Emulgel in children have not been established.
– Hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients.
– Patients in whom attacks of asthma, urticaria, or acute rhinitis are precipitated by acetylsalicylic acid or other NSAIDs.
* Not to be taken by mouth.
* Protect from heat (Store below 30 degrees C).