* Zoladex LA (goserelin) 10.8mg Safe System Syringe.
* Contains one depot in a prefilled syringe with a protective sleeve.
* For subcutaneous injection.
1. Put the patient in a comfortable position with the upper part of the body slightly raised. Prepare the injection site according to local policy and procedure.
2. Remove the syringe from the opened foil pouch and hold the syringe at a slight angle to the light. Check that at least part of the Zoladex depot is visible.
3. Gasp the plastic safety tab and pull away from the syringe and discard. Remove needle cover. Unlike liquid injections, there is no need to remove air bubbles as attempts to do so may displace the depot.
4. Holding the syringe around the protective sleeve, pinch the patient’s skin and insert the needle at a slight angle (30 to 45 degrees) to the skin. With the opening of the needle facing up, insert needle into the subcutaneous tissue of the anterior abdominal wall below the naval line, until the protective sleeve touches the patient’s skin.
5. Do not penetrate into muscle or peritoneum. Incorrect grip and angle of administration is shown.
6. Depress the plunger fully, until you can depress no more, to discharge the Zoladex depot and to activate the protective sleeve. You may hear a “click” and will feel the protective sleeve automatically begin to slide to cover the needle. If the plunger is not depressed fully the protective sleeve will NOT activate.
7. Holding the syringe as shown, withdraw the needle and allow protective sleeve to continue to slide and cover needle. Dispose of the syringe in an approved sharps collector.
* “Zoladex” LA contains goserelin acetate equivalent to 10.8 mg peptide base in a long acting sustained release depot. Also contains Lactide/Glycolide copolymer.
Prostatic cancer; breast cancer; endometriosis; uterine fibroids; endometrial thinning; female infertility; uterine myoma; controlled ovarian stimulation.
* For administration every 12 weeks.
* To be administered as directed by the prescriber. See enclosed leaflet for directions for use.
* Use only if pouch is undamaged. Use immediately after opening pouch.
* Do not store above 25 degrees C.
* AstraZeneca UK Limited – United Kingdom
Imported by: Healthy Family
Zoladex is a trade mark of the AstraZeneca group of companies.