** Mupirax (Mupirocin 2%) 10 gm Ointment. Topical Antibacterial.
Each gram contains:
Mupirocin 20 mg
1- Treatment of primary && secondary superficial skin infections.
2- Treatment of various topical bacterial infections, such as impetigo, folliculitis && furunculosis caused by S. aureus (including Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus& (MRSA), beta-hemolytic streptococcus, S. pyogenes.
3- Treatment of burn wound infections caused by MRSA infections.
4- Treatment of infected wounds && lacerations.
– Hypersensitivity reactions to Mupirax or other ointments containing polyethylene glycols.
– Mupirax ointment formulation is not suitable for ophthlamic or intranasal use.
– When Mupirax ointment is used on the face, avoid contact with the eyes.
– Open wounds: Polyethylene glycol can be absorbed from open wounds && damaged skin && is excreted by the kidney.& As with other polyethylene based ointments, it should be used with caution if absorption of large quantities of polyethylene glycol is possible, especially if there is evidence of moderate or severe renal impairment.
– Pregnancy && Lactation: Studies in experimental animals have shown to be without teratogenic effects. However, there is inadequate evidence of safety to recommend the use of Mupirax during pregnancy.
** Dosage && administration:
Adults && children: Mupirax ointment should be applied to the affected area up to three times daily for up to 10 days.
The area may be covered with a dressing or occluded if desired.
** For External use only.
** Store at room temperature.
Keep out of reach of children.
** Manufactured by: GLOBAL NAPI PHARMACEUTICALS (GNP) – Egypt